NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH APPLE INC. OR GOOGLE INC.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The PickSix (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), who are thirteen (13) years or older as of the date of entry, and are registered members of the Play PickSix mobile application. Registration is further described below in Section 4.
The following are not eligible for the Promotion: (i) employees and agents of Game Point Capital, LLC (“GPC”), Sponsors and Promoters and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies; and (ii) the “immediate family members” and/or “household members” of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year.
Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsors’ decisions. The decisions of the Sponsors regarding all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Promotion is void in all U.S. Territories, (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam) and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This Promotion is sponsored by certain sports bars, restaurants and other entities (the “Sponsors”) that have entered into an agreement with GPC to use the Play PickSix mobile application. Any additional advertisers associated with the Promotion, if any, shall be deemed a “Promoter” for purposes of these Official Rules. PLAY PICKSIX IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH APPLE INC. OR GOOGLE INC.
4. PLAY PICKSIX REGISTRATION. To enter the Promotion, you must be a registered member of the Play PickSix mobile application. Registration is free.
a. Not yet Registered. You may register by going to the register screen on the Play PickSix app and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your e-mail address, name, and age (collectively “User Information”) and to select a password.
b. Already Registered. If you are already registered with Play PickSix then you do not need to register again.
c. Survey Questions or Promotional Email. You may be asked to answer survey questions or to consent to receive promotional emails or offers. This is optional. You are not required to answer questions or to give consent to receive such emails or offers in order to be eligible to play in the Promotion.
d. Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsors, Promoters, GPC and other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
5. TIMING. Registration for the Promotion is available at all times when there are a sufficient number of upcoming games to complete a Play PickSix, a One & Done or both.
6. HOW TO PLAY.
General. There are two games that comprise the Promotion and can be played within the Play PickSix app: (1) PickSix and (2) One & Done.
a. PickSix. The objective of PickSix is to correctly choose the winner of any combination of six game selections (“Picks”). This game is commonly referred to as a parlay. A parlay is simply a combination of independent game Picks that are linked and all the game selections must be correct for a parlay or PickSix to win.
Each time you log into Play PickSix you will see the point spread and totals for a list of upcoming games that have yet to be played that day. To make your PickSix selections simply choose six independent point spread and totals that you think are most likely to win from the screen displaying the list of upcoming games. You can mix and match your picks among points spreads, totals and sports. All you need is six selections to complete your PickSix.
A point spread is the expected number of points by which one team (the favorite) is expected to beat its opponent. The winner of a point spread pick is the team that has the most points after subtracting the point spread from the total points actually scored by the favorite team. The point spread can be viewed as a handicap given to the favored team to win the game. The point spread theoretically makes any game an equal proposition, no matter how great the mismatch between the two team might be.
Because of the point spread it is possible for a team to lose the game and still be a winning pick. For example: Assume an imaginary game played between Team A and Team B. Team A is listed as the favorite and the point spread is –13.5 points. If Team A wins the game by a final score of 28 to 21, the winning pick is actually Team B. That’s because subtracting 13.5 points (the point spread) from Team A’s total results in a final score of 14.5 for Team A and 21 for Team B. Thus, Team B wins because Team A was unable to overcome the point-spread handicap.
For a totals selection, simply add the expected points scored by the two teams together to calculate the total expected game score, compare it to the posted total and then make your over-under selection. If the actual points scored by the two teams is higher than the posted total, the over wins. If it is lower, than the posted total the under wins.
Neither GPC nor the Sponsor determines the point spreads on its own and receives this information from third parties; thus, they make no representation as to the accuracy of the point spreads.
If any of your picks tie the point spread or the total, it is recorded as a winning pick.
The Play PickSix app automatically records and tracks your results. If all six of your selections are correct, you are a PickSix prize winner.
b. One & Done. The objective of One & Done is to guess the exact score of the game. The Play PickSix app automatically records and tracks your results. If your score prediction is correct you are a One & Done prize winner.
c. Selections. You enter your selection using the PickSix app by following the instructions in the “Tutorial” section of the game.
d. Lock-time. All entries will use a rolling lock which allows a player to select any game that has yet to begin.
e. Limit. You are limited to having one (1) live PickSix entry and (1) live One & Done entry at any one time, regardless of the number of email addresses or registered member accounts.
8. PRIZES. The prize for winning PickSix is a $100 gift card redeemable at the Sponsor. The prize for winning One & Done is a $50 gift card redeemable at the Sponsor.
Prize Winners will be determined within a reasonable time after the all the games selected in your PickSix and/or One & Done conclude. Prize winners will be determined on an ongoing basis.
The odds of winning a PickSix are approximately 2%. The odds of a One & Done are undetermined as they are dependent on the sport and your score prediction.
9. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Promotion (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
If a potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner’s parent/legal guardian must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Prizes may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian.
No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., Sponsor may opt instead to award the cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
Gift Cards are NOT redeemable/exchangeable for cash. Other restrictions may apply.
10. ENTRY ERRORS/ NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promoters are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person associated with the entry, will be deemed to be the registrant.
Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification, and Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that his/her identification matches the User Information associated with the winning entry (both at the time of entry and at the time of verification of a potential winner). SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL WINNER IF IT DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT ANY USER INFORMATION WAS CHANGED OR FALSIFIED IN ORDER TO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
11. POTENTIAL WINNERS. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
A potential winner will be disqualified (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not request their prize within two (2) days of winning, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. It the potential winner is disqualified then the Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize.
12. PUBLICITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be asked to complete, sign and return, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice. Except where prohibited, participation in this Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and Promoters‘, and any of their respective agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
13. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and to Sponsor’s decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Promotion are final and binding.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner.
Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion if, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Promotion, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
14. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless GPC, Sponsor, Promoters, and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
15. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
16. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Promotion or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the entrants or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Promotion; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Promotion; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion, access to the Play PickSix mobile app, or receipt or use of any prize.
17. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Cumberland county, Maine; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Maine law, without reference to Maine’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
19. OFFICIAL RULES For a copy of the Official Rules mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below (Residents of VT may omit return postage).
c/o Game Point Capital, LLC
P.O. Box 4500
Portland, ME 04112
20. ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. The Sponsor, not GPC, is responsible for the Promotion and awarding of prizes. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright (c) 2018 Game Point Capital, LLC. GPC’s address is P.O. Box 4500, Portland, ME 04112.